After you’ve shown an interest in going on a Birthright Israel trip, it is easy to feel both excitement and nervousness. Birthright Israel trips are educational, inspiring, and fun. They allow you to connect not only with the country of Israel itself, but also with other young Jewish people – people who share your heritage, interests, and desire to learn more about your ancestry. Birthright Israel trips provide an easy way to educate yourself on everything Jewish, and since the country is approximately the size of New Jersey, it is very easy and convenient to see it in the ten-day span of the trip. Before you leave, however, it is refreshing to hear what other participants have learned during their own trip to Israel.
A Few Comments from Past Travelers
The following are just a few of the comments from previous participants about the trip to Israel.
- It is the absolute the best way to explore your Jewish identity and culture.
- Always travel with an open mindbecause the trip gives you many unique and one-of-a-kind experiences.
- Pay a lot of attention to the essay you will be writing for your application, and take your time so that you get your thoughts down on paper.
- The Israeli soldiers are there to help you connect with other young people from around the world, and to make your trip even more meaningful by answering any questions you might have.
- You will have free time to visit attractions on your own, so take full advantage of this opportunity.
Researching a Birthright Israel trip with absolutelyisrael.com will provide a lot of other details as well, but past participants always recommend that you prepare as much as possible ahead of time, ask a lot of questions while you are there, and take plenty of pictures. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, so you will want to make the most of it.
Being Prepared is the Key
At Birthright Israel, we are here to address any questions or concerns you may have regarding this very important trip. As you can imagine, we recommend reading through everything on our website so that you can become more prepared for your trip. This means you will get more out of it in the end. Regardless of how religious you are, a trip to Israel is unforgettable, and young people from all over the world can attest to that. We can also help you before, during, and after your trip, making sure at each step that you make the most of the situation and do not miss anything important.